The Monks Park is an educational and recreational space associated to heritage Cistercian of Alcobaça, in which are developed educational and fun activities.
In the west side of the Park runs a river that actually are called Alcoa and over time was mainly known as the Monastery River.
Possibly from 1152 the monks had built a monastery provisional very close to the watercourse, but must be removed from the bed filled, beginning the study of a suitable localization for permanent monastery.
The location where the park would not be settled far from the monastery and for sure was immediately cultivated, first as Chiqueda Farm and centuries later as the Farm Nuns of Cos, whose earnings were devoted to the monastery for women located in Cos.
In history there are no absolutes, but there is some logic that these observations are corroborated by many medievalists.
But they tried to ensure a cultural connection to the monastery and its almost daily events and millennial highlighting some spaces used by the contemplative order of monks of the Cistercian Order.
In the monastery there was an ordinance where they received visitors from all grades and also a generous host of the inn for travelers.
In the reception they receive visitors from all qualities and hence direct them the best that they have to offer: recreation, exercise, sweets monastic folk art and power frugal, recreating the past in a playful, fun and educational games with profane and living environment.